Carmine'sCustomCycles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Midrange dead spots and stumbling engine on honda 750 magna

Go down

Midrange dead spots and stumbling engine on honda 750 magna Empty Midrange dead spots and stumbling engine on honda 750 magna

Post  Admin Thu May 03, 2012 4:34 am

I have done this repair on magnas before. With mediocre results it seems that there is some inherent issues with the stock jetting on these bikes. I am thinking that this is a perfect example of underjetting to make Epa limits on emissions at the detriment of the running quality of the engine. Now it seems as if I need to enlarge the main jets and dial the air mixture screws open but I might also benefit from shimming the fuel needles open a little bit. I know that the idle jets are incredibly small as well but I am not sure how it will effect midrange throttle response if at all? I have seen Dynojets carbon jet kit and they require drilling the vacume slides, I am kind of baffled by this modification as it does not seem to serve any obvious purpose. I don't know if it speeds up or slows down the rate at which the vacume slides respond to throttle inputs.I guess I should experiment with this I can test theory by simply removing the slide pin and inducing an air leak into the vacume slide. Either way as I figures this all out I shall post my results.

Admin
Admin

https://carminescycles.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum